OET Preparation Course (1:1) in London
The OET Occupational English Test is an examination of Medical English language skills for doctors, nurses and dentists who wish to work in the UK. This private course focuses on the skills, vocabulary, grammar and techniques that you need to pass the Occupational English Test. It may also be taken online.
OET Preparation Skills Courses in London
This UNIQUE one-to-one course can take place at our office in Wimbledon or at your home or office. You will study a wide range of medical language, with a specific focus on communicating effectively with patients and their families. You will work on exam strategies specifically tailored to your needs and your profession, allowing you to get the best possible result in the exam. The course will include full exam practice with detailed feedback in all four skills. The course is suitable for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals who need to pass the Occupational English Test in to practise in the UK. The course is also available online.
About the Occupational English Test (OET)
The Occupational English Test (OET) is a test of Medical English for healthcare professionals. The OET is used in the UK, Australia, Dubai, Ukraine, New Zealand and Singapore among other nations to assess the language of doctors, dentists, nurses and midwives.
Test takers need to get a grade B in the OET exam to work in the UK. Grade B is an advanced level of English, equivalent to IELTS band 7 and C1 in the Common European Framework (CEF).
OET Course Outline
During the course you will learn a wide range of medical language, with a specific focus on how to communicate confidently with patients and their relatives. You will improve your reading, writing and listening skills and vocabulary level. You will also become more accurate in your use of grammar. You will be given strategies and tips on how to approach the different parts of the test, and you will complete a full practice test, after which you will receive detailed feedback and further practice to ensure the best possible result in the exam.
Students will have the opportunity to sit for the exam at the end of this course.
Subjects of study may include:
- Medical Histories
- Patient Examinations
- Types of Treatment
- Medication - Benefits and Side-effects
- Advising Patients
- Surgical Procedures
- Analysing Real-Life Scenarios
- Making & Discussing a Diagnosis
- Using Specialised Terminology
- Dealing with difficult Patients
You'll study directly with your own private teacher, so you'll be speaking a lot more and engaging much more with your subject. You will receive far more feedback and correction on your writing and speaking as well as more targeted advice on how to improve your OET reading and listening scores.
OET courses: Programme
- Continuous feedback: teachers provide you with detailed, written correction and advice on your speaking and writing, personalised to your own needs
- Speaking: Tailor-made courses mean plenty of class speaking time to build accuracy, fluency, vocabulary, structural range and familiarisation with all stages of the OET speaking test, including a wide range of Medical English role plays
- Writing: study the writing skills and language required for the sector-specific letter writing tasks
- Listening: familiarisation with OET listening test task types, techniques and typical content
- Reading: familiarisation with OET reading skills and task types, reading techniques, and typical content
- Vocabulary: in-depth academic vocabulary study for more confident and accurate writing and speaking